Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Victory!!

Small victories are the ones that you need to remember to get you through the week. This weekend was Terrapin's Twilight Criterium, a bike race that has a course encompassing Athens' downtown area. Well, the first event on Saturday was a 5K race. I went into it thinking that I just wanted to finish. I had logged few miles on my legs that week, and my shoes had been killing me. There are still bruises all over my calves from my shoes being worn and still running with them. Well, once I got into the race, as usual, my competitive nature exploded. I ended up finishing in 23:15, a personal record. I beat my PR by about a minute and a half too, which I completely did not expect. My next goal is to break 23. I think it will happen soon if I actually start training.

No comments:

Post a Comment